- I am working at Cerner as a Lead Software Engineer on the HealtheIntent population health platform where I focus on improving the security and the productivity of the other product teams via the internal IAM and Microservices SDK products.
Health and Hobbies
- Practicing Stoicism.
- Training in Shotokan Karate online at the Global Martial Arts University. I am currently preparing for my 8th Kyu yellow belt exam.
- Creating an incremental/idle Unity3d game via Misfit Labs that we plan to open source as an example of high quality Unity code.
Currently Thinking About
- Why is code written by “experts” with many years of experience still such low quality?
- Can the ability to write good, understandable, high quality code be taught in a systematic way? Specifically, I am currently thinking about the process of creating good abstractions (e.g. functions and classes) by separating the “what” from the “how”.
- What is the deal with all the great classical music and philosophy that came out of Vienna?
- How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer J. Adler
- The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History by John M. Barry
Last Updated: May 2020
This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.